To prepare the sandwich you will need:
- Tempeh, 4 oz , (I like Lightlife – Organic Three Grain/ flax tempeh);
- Bragg Amino Acids, 1 tsp or any other low sodium sauce;
- Ozery One Bun, Whole Wheat, one bun (only 100 calories!);
- 100% cold pressed organic virgin coconut oil, 1 tsp;
- Garlic Powder, 1/2 tsp, Paprika, 1/2 tsp and other favorite spices to taste;
- Hummus, 2 tbsp (I make my own from 1 can of low sodium chickpeas, 1.5 tbsp of tahini, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, , cumin (1/4 tsp), garlic powder (1/2 tsp), paprica (1/2 tsp), cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp), salt, pepper to taste, all mixed in blender or food processor).
- Chipotle or other favorite low calorie pepper condiment sauce.
To prepare salad:
- Spring mix, 2 cups,
- Medley cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and any other seasonal vegetables you love;
- EVOO, 1 tsp and Balsamic Vinegar, 1.5 tbsp (I like mine with pineapple flavor);
- Salt, pepper to taste.
- Heat the skillet with coconut oil, add tempeh, cook on each side for 3 min.
- Add garlic powder, paprika or other favorite spices.
- Then add soy sauce, cover the pan and turn of the heat, so that tempeh could absorb more flavor from the spices. Meanwhile prepare the salad, mixing all the ingredients in a bowl with olive oil and vinegar.
- Spread the hummus and chipotle sauce (optional) on a one half of the bun, add some greens from the salad, put the tempeh on the top and cover with another half of the bun.
Nutrition: 450 calories; Carb: 40 g: Fiber 12 g, Protein 26 g: Fat 43 g: Sodium 590 g.
*You can prepare more tempeh and store it in the fridge in the container to make more sandwiches.